The Drama Club will be performing on Friday and Saturday, 24-25 March 2017, at 7:00PM in the school hall at the Bayside Campus and ticket prices will be at $5.00 per person.
We were very excited to have Bishop DiMarzio come to visit us! If you missed catching us on the news, here’s a youtube link: https://youtu.be/O2J0cG07LbU
Here are some pictures as well!
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK COLLABORATION
Bayside, NY—Children’s author Michael Sampson appeared at Divine Wisdom Catholic Academy on February 3rd, 2017 to share his books and to inspire students to write and read.
Sampson is the author of thirty books for children, including
his best sellers Chicka,
Chicka, 1, 2, 3 and Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
During his presentation, Sampson shared his life story and how he became a writer in a highly interactive, motivational format. Student Alexandra Jedrzejowski said her favorite book was “Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3, because all of the numbers joined together!”
As he shared, he read his best-selling books to the students and told them that all children are writers and that every student should be “everything they can be.”
Third grader Andrey Torres said he read “The Mirror in Time,” all 66 chapters and 236 pages in one day. After reading the book he said, “maybe it is possible to time travel.” The story, according to Andrey had every single emotion in it. While it started out sad, it was both happy and exciting.
Before becoming a children’s book author, Sampson taught kindergarten through sixth grades and received much press coverage for his innovative ideas on teaching. After earning a Ph.D. in Literacy from the University of Arizona, he moved into higher education as a professor.
In August 2014, Sampson came to St. John’s University in New York City, were he serves as Dean of the School of Education and is leading efforts for the university to partner and create deeper connections with area schools.
An interesting fact that Sampson told students is that “All books are born on a Tuesday” as that is the date publishers release books. Sampson’s newest books include The Mirror in Time and Listen to Our World.
Financial aid is available for students in Grades Pre-K to 8, who attend a Brooklyn or Queens Catholic School or Academy.
- Starting January 17, go to www.futuresineducation.org
- From the main menu, click SCHOLARSHIPS and then APPLY.
2017 Scholarship Deadlines
- For returning families, the deadline for submitting a scholarship application for the 2017-18 school year is March 31, 2017
- For new families, the deadline for submitting a scholarship application for the 2017-18 school year is April 21, 2017
For more information, please visit www.futuresineducation.org
Support and Help
- An outside vendor, TADS Financial Aid Assessment Service has been selected by Futures in Education to conduct fair and confidential financial need assessments for families that may need assistance paying tuition.
- TADS Live chat: www.mytads.com | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Applications are available online in English and Spanish.
Click here for the flyer.