Double your IMPACT!
Divine Wisdom Catholic Academy is supported by Futures in Education, the organization that administers our needs-based scholarship program. As part of their first ever *Virtual* Gala on Tuesday, October 20th, Futures in Education has invited our school to share in a matching donation from one of their generous Angel donors.
For every $1 you donate, we will get $2!
Thanks to an extremely generous offer from one of Futures in Education’s Angel Donors, you can double your impact when you give to our school TODAY!
To donate go to https://futuresineducation.org/donate/ & designate your gift to Divine Wisdom Catholic Academy *Please don’t forget to select our school from the dropdown to ensure we qualify for the match!
Please make sure to check out all the amazing work Futures is doing to support Catholic Schools in Brooklyn & Queens by tuning in to the Virtual Gala from their website. You can also view the Gala trailer at https://futuresineducation.org/virtualgala/
**AUGUST 6, 2020**
Thanks to all of you for your active participation in our reopening plan meeting. We had 210 participants, which is a great turnout.
If you are having issues accessing any files, please email Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find the links below to the following documents related to Thursday’s re-opening presentation:
- Audio file of the session (please note we were unable to capture the first 5 minutes of the meeting. The file starts during the survey debrief. Audio File – Alternative Link
- A PDF of the presentation slides which can review in conjunction with listening to the audio file. PDF Link
- PDF’s of the documents referenced in the useful link slide for your reference
As noted during the meeting, we will be sending a short follow-up survey to get you feedback. We are also considering all the feedback received and are working through if any changes to our plans are warranted, and the nature and extent of such changes.
**AUGUST 11, 2020**
On August 11, 2020 at 6PM, the Academy held a follow-up meeting to provide more specifics regarding its reopening plan. The following information is accessible from that meeting:
- The audio remarks and partial Q&A (connectivity issued caused the recording to stop prematurely)
- The presentation slides that can be reviewed in conjunction with the audio
- A summary of scenarios which would require classroom or school closings, consistent with DOE requirements
- A photo of the table barriers to be used, in conjunction with other risk mitigation steps, in K-1 (TO BE UPLOADED)
The August 6th presentation and related links are still available for replay and address many topics not covered on August 11th. We recommend you become familiar with the materials in both presentations.
A survey will go out to all families who have registered and finalized the FACTS set up process to elect in-person or remote learning. Responses are required by end of day August 18th.
WE ONCE AGAIN REMIND RETURNING FAMILIES THAT THEY MUST COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION AND FACTS SET-UP PROCESS NOW IF THEY INTEND TO RETURN FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR OR RISK NOT HAVING AN AVAILABLE SEAT. THIS WAS DISCUSSED IN DETAIL DURING THE AUGUST 11TH PRESENTATION.
Thank you for being part of the Divine Wisdom Family.
The time for the meeting has passed. If you were not able to attend the meeting, you may view a recording of the meeting with the following link:
State of Academy June 9, 2020
This link will expire at the end of June.
Please know you may also ask for a different day and time if it works better for you. If you are interested, you can RSVP here.