Mrs. Blanco and Mrs. Fishstein
This Month in Pre-K 2
In March we will explore a unit all about Water! We will discuss where we find water and how water helps people, plants and animals grow. We will observe what happens to water when the temperature changes by discussing the daily weather and conducting ice melting experiments at home and school. We will also explore the concept of “sink or float” in our new Sensory Center activity- the water table!
Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- Friday, March 2nd– Pre-K will have a Full Day. Early Drop off and After School will not be available.
- Wednesday, March 7th– No School for Pre-K. Teachers will be attending a full-day professional development.
- Friday, March 9th– Full Day for Pre-K, After School is available.
- Monday, March 19th– 11:30am Dismissal for Pre-K in preparation for Family-Teacher Conferences. After school is available immediately following dismissal
- Thursday, March 30th- Friday, April 6th- No School, Spring Recess
Monday- 8:15 Spanish, Technology (push-in during Choice Time)
Tuesday- 9:00 Music
Wednesday- 9:00 Gym
Thursday- Art (push-in during Choice Time)
Scholastic Reading Club
About once a month a Scholastic Reading Club catalog will be sent home in your child’s folder. You may purchase seasonal and thematic books, as well as your many of your child’s favorite books, at Scholastic.com using our classroom code LKDQ9. Each purchase you make earns points that can be used to purchase exciting books and literacy tools for our classroom! Participation is always completely optional.